Environment and Renewable Energy
Wisconsin can be a national leader in renewable energy and a green economy. We’re going to create a clean environment for generations to come by setting ambitious goals that make substantial investments in our future. This benefits both our environment and the future of Wisconsin’s economy.
- Incentivize renewable solar and wind power. Extend tax credits to businesses and homeowners looking to invest in solar and wind energy.
- Fully fund and depoliticize the DNR. In order to protect our environment, we need a fully funded, independent Department of Natural Resources.
- Set new energy goals. States are taking the initiative across our country and we should too. By 2040, we will strive to have 50% of our electricity in our state come from renewable energy sources.
- Use clean energy in government. Set goal to make all state government buildings powered by clean energy by 2030.
- Take the initiative on protecting our environment. Wisconsinites are proud of our environmental tradition and strive to a higher standard. I will continue to apply for a waiver from the Environmental Protection Agency to set our own, more focused, stricter environmental standards.
- Improve the quality of our waterways. Communities and businesses across Wisconsin rely on clean water. We will enforce restrictions on dangerous chemicals that affect our groundwater, lakes, and streams.
- Support a clean-energy economy. Create incentives for companies that build and invest in green jobs and clean environmental technology, not companies like Foxconn, in order to encourage the next generation of jobs to invest in Wisconsin.